Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birthday & Wedding Shower Cards!

Birthday Card
The design for this card was simple but the combination of patterns and colors seemed to really make this card special. The bottom is a striped pattern with glitter and the ribbon has a combination of large dots that match the striped pattern - all pinks, browns and purples.

For the top half - I used a spellbinder die template layered with brown and white that made the birthday message "pop".

Wedding Shower Card
I wanted to create a small card to attach to a wedding shower gift. First, I embossed the powder blue paper with a dotted embossing folder.

Next, I used a Spellbinder die template to cut the card shape out. I also used Spellbinder die templates to frame the "Love Story" message.

I don't have a pic of the wrapped shower gift, but I wrapped it in white paper and used butterfly stickers and a few embellishments to decorate the paper. I didn't need an envelope because I tucked the card inside the gift wrap and had the front of the card sticking out of the top of the gift. The gift was also wrapped with fabric ribbon. It's great to make your own gift wrap and card - and easy with all the great stamps, embellishments, stickers, etc. that are available!

No comments:

Post a Comment